Sunday 21 October 2012

DAY #21 0F THE 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN.

Welcome to day #21..... just one more Sunday before Halloween now.... amazing where this month has gone.The full blog list is on my side bar..... check out Terras blog for all the details of the great prizes from the incredibly generous sponsors.
Today  i have designed my piece for DOMINOART 31 DAYS OF HALLOWEEN.....so you will see this project later in the hop too...sorry.
My project is called 'DRAGONS BREATH'..... you'll see why later..... i have used MY MINDS EYE papers and stamps.....LOST AND FOUND-HALLOWEEN. I painted the box inside and out with a deep maroon... added the papers.... distressed them then ink distressed them. The box actually had a glass insert, so i covered it with thick card on the inside then lined/decorated it. The front recess had to be whittled away a little to get the 4 dominos in...and laying flat.
The dominos are stamped and coloured with sharpie markers and diamond glazed... now they have a lovely glass tile type appearance. The skull was stamped 6x, fussy cut and dipped in my melting pot, and laid into the wet diamond glaze. I added beads to neaten the edge and a spider in the corner.....
         Inside is a bottle of DRAGONS BREATH...... well actually lavender essence and reed diffusers.
                Now i know quite a few of you folks love altering dominos so you really need to check out
                                                                  LEIGHS DT CALL
In the new year Leigh is going to start an altered domino/ game piece challenge blog and needs a DT.... I'll be there.... i have already baggsied my place..... it'd be lovely if some more of you folks joined us, Leigh's a sweetheart....i'm not but thats beside the point...you'd be designing for Leigh not me :)
Thanks for visiting me today....see you tomorrow for a mega post for DAY #22....You have been warned! BDx
I'd like to enter the following challenges...
http://eclecticellapu.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN
http://gloomy-art.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN
http://allsortschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ AUTUMN COLOURS
http://challengeupyourlife.blogspot.co.uk/ AUTUMN/HALLOWEEN
http://craftymesschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN
http://onestopcraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ ANYTHING GOES
http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN
http://jeanette-soartfulchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/ INSPIRATION PHOTOS.... i've looked at these pics a few times now and tried to use the colours of the moon...the vivid yellows and oranges.
http://www.lisasomerville.com/ ALTER IT.
http://joyfulstamper.blogspot.co.uk/ ANYTHING GOES
http://www.blog2.ourcraftlounge.com/ SCARY AND SPOOKY
http://stempelsonne.blogspot.co.uk/ HALLOWEEN
http://www.thirdcoastchallenges.com/ DARK AND TWISTED HALLOWEEN

34 comments:

  1. Herrlich gruselig!

    Danke für deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonnenchallenge.

    LG Dreja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent, I love it, thanks for joining us at craftymess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing project - so artistic!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going backwards (which is only a little better than going in circles) so I did get to see this earlier! It is completely mind-blowing! Still!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow amazing!!!
    Great work - I love it!
    Thanks for joining Gloomy Art.

    XX Arwen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, love the stamping on the dominoes and the way you did the skull!

    ReplyDelete
  7. FABULOUS FABULOUS FABULOUS! It's a real treat having this project for Day 21 in my DominoART's 31 Days of Halloween ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. love this, such a good entry for our challenge this fortnite at craftymess which is halloween

    Hugs
    Judie
    www.crafty-emblies.org

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so not worthy to stand beside you as a teammate. Your work is impeccable and second to none. Your altered projects blow me away and I'm left standing in a puddle of drool wishing I had your talents. I wish I could go to England and just watch you as you craft. I would be mesmerized!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My friend your talent blows me away I am so lucky to call you my friend this piece of your awesome art is fantastic
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous project. I love how you did that on multiple dominoes and never lost your image. Fantastic. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great halloween card just perfect for our challenge over at Sweet Stampin', thanks for joining in this week. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  13. This box is just so incredible, I am so wow'ed, and I'm so speechless! You have done a perfect job on this, I freakin love this!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! This is such an incredible work of art! So much imagination, creativity and work went into this. You have a pretty good sense of humour too!
    Thanks for joining us over at Eclectic Ellapu's Halloween challenge this week :)S

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing project! Love your creativity, you always inspire me.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sieht richtig gruselig aus.
    Vielen Dank für die Teilnahme an der Stempelsonnenchallenge.
    LG Tina

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very lovich and warm and wonderful..one day when I come see you I must peek into this magic closet where you find the wonderful goodies to alter BD..until then i sit across the big waters dreaming.
    hugs,
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my heck! This is magical! I am learning so much form your wonderful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stunning! Love the glossy look of the dominoes!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Freaking heck this is AMAZING. Get your etsy shop set up NOW you will make a killing, SERIOUSLY!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG, this is fantastic, I just want to pick your box up and touch it and stroke it lol. You have such a talent for altering things.

    Thank you for joining us at Elcectic Ellapu this week.

    Andria - EE, dt (Purples).

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! This looks scary from beautiful .....
    I like very much

    thank you for your contribution to the ongoing challenge of Gloomy Art

    hugs

    Sternenglanz

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an awesome altered Halloween box! Love what you did with those dominos and all the spooky details!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' with your great creation.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  25. What a fabulous box - so creative!
    Thanks for joining us at Eclectic Ellapu, hope to see more of your fabulous work!

    Hugs

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great creation. THanks for joining the Third Coast challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  27. A fabulous creation, full of imagination and love of detail!

    Absolutely stunning!!!!

    die amelie x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is incredible! Thank you for participating in the Third Coast Rubber Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow das ist sowas von toll!!!
    Danke für Deine Teilnahme bei der Stempelsonne.
    Liebe Grüße
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow what an amazing project - I bet you really enjoyed making this. thankyou so much for taking part in the Allsorts Challenge this week Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Fabulous Halloween Domino Art! Wonderful altered box, thanks for playing along with the Bloggers Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful projekt!!
    Thanks for joining us at stemepelsonnenchallenge.
    Hugs stine

    ReplyDelete