Monday 3 December 2012

SMUDGY ANTICS NEW CHALLENGE.... DAY#3 OF CREEPMAS and DAY#2 OF SMEARED AND SMUDGED 12 DAYS OF CHRISTMAS

Welcome back for another challenge with Smudgy Antics!

The challenge theme this week is 
ALTER SOMETHING.

Using at least one stamped image (real or digi) and following the rules posted on the left sidebar, we at Smudgy Antics challenge you to alter an item.  
No cards will be allowed for this challenge.
Get creative and get crafting.  See how much fun it can be to turn found objects into new works of art.  Being the holiday season, perhaps you can alter an item and turn it into a gift for a loved one or make some holiday decor?
The more creative, the better.  We love it when you guys and gals think outside the box.  For those in the Smeared and Smudged Creepmas blog hop, you may combine your challenge project with your hop project as long as you meet the criteria for both. 
I altered this candle tree...... gone is the pretty snow man and cute robin..... i painted then distressed it...
 I pulled to bits a cheapy wreath and some pot purri to make a nice festive arrangement.
I printed out the front skull from SMEARED INK... ANATOMY 101 6x, fussy cut, decoupaged.... dipped in my melting pot.... you guys have seen me do this loads of times now..... i adore these dimensional fake porcelain skulls..... put him a crimbo hat on.... added small candles.... job done.... another creepmas ornament for my non-traditional dining room. Just remember when you blow out the candles to move the darned tree away from the wall.... my pale stone coloured wall is now bedecked with red wax splatters..... but as my little BD pointed out..''.we can pretend its blood splatters mum''..... what a treasure she is!
Hope you'll join our challenge this week.
If you are here from the original 13 days of creepmas click the logo on my side bar to check out the full blog list.
If you are from SMEARED and SMUDGED the blog roll is listed on the side bar.
I'd like to enter the following challenges....
http://anythingbutacard.com/ ANYTHING BUT A CARD
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ ANYTHING BUT A CARD
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ TREE-MENDOUS
http://craftycatzweeklychallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ RECYCLE/UPCYCLE
http://sparkleandglitterwithrick.blogspot.co.uk/ TWISTED HOLIDAZE

26 comments:

  1. You really have transformed the wreath Lynn, I imagine it looks really great lit up and in real life and it's a great take on our theme.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sensations challenge this month.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun!! love your skull decoration!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMcreepiness...love this! The skull really does look like glass. You have inspired me to create something for The SA challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is beyond cool. You know, I bought a melting pot and this stamp just so I could be just like you when I grow up. LOL Sounds like little BD sure is on her way. Precious! Out of the mouths of babes. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible work, Lynx! I also was inspired by your dimensional art and bought a melt pot. I haven't even taken it out of the packaging yet.
    I think I'm intimidated by the 6x"s fussy cutting. No one does it quite like you do!!
    ~Glo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok that's it..I am coming to your house and taking art lessons! wow. this is beyond fabulous beyond awesome.I love it
    hugs
    susan s.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh your little BD sounds like a chip off the old block! hee hee AWESOME project!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous tree!! LOVE the skull and the fact that you have "blood spatters" on the wall ;P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great creation , thanks for joining us at Stamping sensations this month and good luck!

    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is soo freakin cool- love the skull. I really need to learn to make those!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this... Very creepy christmas

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I love it! I envy your creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. wonderful! you sure are a queen at those fussy cut 3d lookin things, wow. and your daughters comment was way to cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous !! No home should be without one :-D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. LOL, blood splatter the perfect Creepmas touch. You project is just brilliant and I am in awe everytime I see one of your layered creations. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your project and especially little BD's comment about the spatter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, Creepy creation.
    TFS!
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  18. fantastic creepmas ornament, love it
    thanks for joining the sparkle and glitter challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  19. fab creation thanks for sharing at Crafty catz this week

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice Tree. Thanks for playing with us at RSD Challenge Blog.
    Hugs Nat

    ReplyDelete
  21. fantastic creepmas project! Thanks for joining us this week at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Frickin' Amazing work, BD! I adore the Santa's cap on Mr. Skull! Your project screams Creepmas! Thanks for sharing with Sparkle and Glitter with RSD :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Very creepy and creative! Thanks for joining us in the LLC Anything but a card- challenge. Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete