Thursday 14 March 2013

SMEARED AND SMUDGED MARCH MEMBERS BLOG HOP.

It's that time again! Time for the Smeared and Smudged member blog hop. The theme this time around is......END OF THE RAINBOW!!

Now, if you know anything about our members, cute rainbows are not what you will see today! So be prepared!  
So who do ya think will do quirky, cute and even some pink.....?
This is the blog roll...... you really do need to visit all of these super talented folk.... be inspired and amazed..... i wonder what they have at the end of their rainbows?

Blog Roll

Tori
Vee
Black Dragon
Jane
Anna
Kapree
Madeleine Bouquet
Susan S.
Jo Hood


Yeah its me.... i let the side down.... i am so far out of my comfort zone with this i need to get a train to take me back.... apparently i might be on the same train as Vee.... wonder what shes done?
 I am altering a huge(....yes for me its huge...)board book....its about 11inch square..... i did the cover and first two pages about 8mth ago.... but now want to get it finished for a very dear friend who loves Alice and Poe..... and i want her to know how special she is to me.
''LOVE IS WORTH MORE THAN THE CROCK OF GOLD AT THE END OF THE RAINBOW'' ...so at the end of my rainbow is a golden crock filled with love....something far more precious than gold or money.
 The images come from various places for this double page spread... including OCTOPODE. I've used promarkers to colour all the images... I've used paint, ink, sprays, stencils, stamps, rub-ons....and MORE.
I didnt have a rainbow image so drew this one with clouds. This old dragon has gone all soppy and mushy this time..... I hope you all have great fun visiting all the blogs on the list..... i'm now waiting for my train back to my comfort zone!!!!
I'd like to enter the following challenges....
AUD SENTIMENTS CHALLENGE FOR A GIRL
I LOVE PROMARKERS CHALLENGE RIBBONS AND BOWS.... on my rainbow page i drew ribbons and bows at the end of the rainbow and the words 'true love' are done in drawn ribbon.
CRAFTROOM CHALLENGE... FROM ME TO YOU, GIVE A GIFT.
TWISTED TUESDAYS....SPRING LIKE/PLUS USE GREEN OR RECYCLE.... i've used green and the book is an old one of my lasses i'm altering.
Thanks for visiting me. BDx

21 comments:

  1. I love it! what a fun book this will be! the colors are lovely! and of course there is POE...love it! I love all the layers, beautiful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You must really LOVE this friend of yours! All the pretty, bright colors, hearts, and a rainbow has really thrown me. Gorgeous work, no matter the subject matter or the medium. Fabulous book pages. Must put board books on my thrift store shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BD, you even do cute fabulously! I love it, and Melora walked up to the computer and almost jumped through the screen :) Reminds me of her, rot-your-teeth sweet and cute, but with a little quirky edge to it. I really LOVE the way you've layered all the various images to create your pages, and the cracked edges are super cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow BD, this is amazing. i love it!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous work! I know it's out of your comfort zone, but it's awesome nonetheless!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Crazy and gorgeous! :) Love the mix between crazy and beautiful!
    Really awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is just wonderful, BD your friend will feel the love. All the various elements and images are together in fabulous unity. Vee xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh it is so awesome..anywhere could be your comfort zone you are that dynamic a artist so awesome BD.
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow...so colorful and full of fun! Love your journal pages. I opted out on this one because I couldn't imagine what to make...now after seeing yours I wish I would have pressed myself a little harder. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very colorful and spring like, with a touch of green! Thank you for playiing along with us at Twisted Tuesday Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this my friend the colours are so striking and love all the images you have used, this is going to be a awesome altered book
    Hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Speechless! Saw your name on the Craft-Room Challenge site under a very un-Lynn like picture. Coming here and seeing the double spread in all its joyful colourful glory am blown away. Your friend is one lucky lady to have you as a friend, this is 100% up to Lynn standard and quality on top of which it is full of love. Thank you for sharing this with us at Craft-room XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fab fun project, I love the quirky look to it. Thanks for joining us at I Love Promarkers xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I know this is out of your comfort zone BD, but it is so truly fabulous that I'm out of words. Please come enter it in The Altered Alice Challenge this month as well. Octopode is sponsoring and Lily would SWOON! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is gorgeous. Fabulous colors and arrangement. Thanks for joining us at AUD Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my goodness, what a fab colourful, cheery gift. A brilliant train journey away from your comfort zone !! ..Thanks so much for sharing with us at Carfct-Room..Esther xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is gorgeous! It might be out of your comfort zone but it's a FAB take on the theme. I love the way you think :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Brilliant project. Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments challenge good luck Ginny ♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is amazing - a total eye blast of colour. I stared at all the images for a long time and it's just fabulous :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG! How do you do it? Your sense of colour is amazing. Thanks for taking part at I ♥ Promarkers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. stunning work!!!!!

    ReplyDelete